Sunday 8 November 2009

German man killed in hijacked Beijing taxi

.

.

At around 05:00 this morning, police found a 21-year-old German man dead in a Beijing taxi. The car had hit a tree beside Beijing’s East Fourth Ring Road, between Siyuan Bridge and Xiaoyun Bridge. A woman lay injured on the backseat.


Approximately one hour after police discovered the vehicle, the taxi’s driver appeared on the scene, claiming that the foreign man had stolen the car.


According to the driver, the woman hailed the taxi near Lido Hotel at around 04:00, asking to be taken to Baiziwan. Before the driver set off, a man suddenly began banging on the car door. After dragging the driver out of the car, the man drove off with the woman in the backseat.


“I had no idea what was going on,” said the driver.


The woman is currently recovering in a Beijing hospital, and according to doctors, is not in a critical state.

.

Because the incident took place in a remote area, there were no witnesses. Police are investigating the matter.


.

The above is based on an article today’s Beijing News that I found reposted online:


http://fzwb.ynet.com/article.jsp?oid=57544885 (Chinese).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is creepy...

stuart said...

It will be interesting to see what the woman has to say when she recovers. I doubt her story will corroborate the driver's - which makes me believe this one will be hushed up.

DeNoble said...

Taxi Driver: "Oh, there's my taxi, thank my lucky stars I found it. I've been walking all over the city looking for it. Good thing I saw your police lights though - they led me right to it.....Oh woooow! Is that a dead man in the backseat????....Holy cow, that is soooo wieeeeeeerd...I TOLD that guy not to steal my taxi.

Cop: "Wait, what are you talking about? Are you the driver?"

Taxi Driver (paying no mind to the question):"That's why I was walking, you see, because that non-Chinese foreign guy stole it. I was gonna call you guys first, but, ahh, I decided to try and find it myself first so you guys would be spared the trouble. Weird......Wait, somebody in there is moving!"

Cop: "yeah, its a woman, she's alive"

Taxi Driver: "Ahh, fuck me, I could of sworn she was dead when I ran aw.....[stutter]...when I was left on the side of the road by that white guy."